Partner Fastener Test Suite
Partner Fastener Test Suite
A collection of components for testing fasteners according to methods described in SAE J429, ASTM F-606 and ASTM E-8. The Fastener Test Suite provides test control, data collection, graphing, during test calculations and data storage to exceed the requirements of the Fastener Quality Act.
- Fastener Test Templates - Pre-defined test procedures containing defaults that assist the operator in creating specific Fastener Tests. Operator can either accept the defaults to perform typical Fastener Tests that adhere to SAE J429, ASTM F-606 and ASTM E-8; or easily customize to accommodate specific fastener types and test requirements.
- Test templates include:
- ASTM F606 / SAE J429 Proof - No extensometer. This template runs a proof test according to the length measurement method for externally threaded fasteners as defined in ASTM F606 and SAE J429. This test procedure requires the proof elongation to be measured by an external length measuring device.
- ASTM F606 / SAE J429 Proof - With extensometer. This template runs a proof test according to the length measurement method for externally threaded fasteners as defined in ASTM F606 and SAE J429. This test procedure is set up to use a bolt extensometer to automatically measure elongation and show a PASS or FAIL result for the test. If the fastener exceeds the elongation limit, the system can automatically repeat the test at 3% higher load.
- ASTM F606 Axial Yield. This template is designed to perform the axial yield test as defined in ASTM F606. This procedure is commonly used on non-ferrous and stainless steel fasteners and requires a bolt extensometer for "strain" measurement. The software will prompt for the "gage length" to be used for the "strain" calculation.
- ASTM F606 / SAE J429 Axial/Wedge Tensile Strength. Designed to perform tests on fasteners to ultimate failure as defined in ASTM F606 or SAE J429.
- Combined Axial Yield and Wedge Tensile Strength. Partner combines these two tests into a single procedure. The system will load the specimen in the axial mode to the point where 0.2% offset (yield) is calculated. The system will then automatically return to a zero load position and prompt the operator to change to a wedge washer. Once this is completed the operator makes a single mouse click to continue the test to ultimate failure. Test results including modulus, 0.2% offset yield, tensile strength and peak load are displayed after the test. This test requires a bolt extensometer for "strain" measurement. This procedure is commonly used on non-ferrous and stainless steel fasteners.
- Combined Proof and Wedge Tensile Strength. These two test methods are combined into a single time saving procedure. The first part of the test will load the sample to the proof load and hold for 10 seconds. After the hold period, the sample is unloaded and the operator is prompted to insert the wedge washer. The system will automatically determine the length measurement using a bolt extensometer (not included) and will display a PASS or FAIL result for this test. If the fastener exceeds the elongation limit, the system can automatically repeat the test as 3% higher load. Once the washer is changed, the system will conduct the wedge tensile test to ultimate failure as described above.
- Tensile Test (For Machined Specimens). Tests machined specimens as defined in SAE J429, ASTM F-606 and ASTM E-8. The test template will conduct the test and display results including modulus, 0.2% offset, 0.5% EUL, total elongation (in percent), reduction of area and more.
NOTE: Requires servo control option A1 or A3.
|Description||Partner Fastener Test Suite|